Friday, September 24, 2010

Austin Photographer, Arachnophobia!

I've only lived in Austin for a few months and I love it here...except for one thing! TARANTULAS! This is the fifth tarantula we've seen in the past week!  I watched this arachnid creep and crawl through the grass, across the parking lot, and then scale the side of the building.
After a little googling we found that they probably won't bite, probably? but they come out at night and are good for humans because they eat bugs and could even eat mice.  But get this, they can live up to 30 years!  No wonder there are so many around here!   I won't be taking my little Lucy out in flip flops anymore, especially in the dark!  They could come from at me from any direction, the trees above or the grass below, yikes!  What if I step on one?  Now I'm paranoid.  I had trouble even editing the pictures in lightroom, seeing it larger than life on my screen was sure to give me nightmares!