Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Austin Food Photographer

The current issue of the always delicious, Taste of the South magazine is featuring a Texas BBQ by story I photographed for them written by Austin's own, Drew Thornley of the Man Up Texas BBQ blog.  Scott came with me to assist (aka hold my tripod and reflector) the Franklin Barbecue shoot.  For the four years I worked for this magazine in Birmingham, he was never able to come model for any of my shoots so it's kind of funny that his arm is the lead shot of this story.  We got him in there finally!  And his Aggie ring shows, represent!  Was he ever a happy camper when he took a bite of this AMAZING Tipsy Texan sandwich!  Since this shoot we have been back twice but dream about it all the time.  They open at 11:00 but get there by 10:30 because they sell out really fast.  The last time we met some friends there and didn't arrive until 11:30, and we waited in line for an hour and a half, and just made it before they ran out.  It's seriously that good and yes, it's worth the wait.  

Please pick up a copy of this issue, it will not disappoint, I promise!  I already noticed today that my HEB had sold out of them, which is no surprise with that awesome cover Mac shot, so if you can't find it you can also order it from their website here